Human beings are visual creatures. When we read, our mind automatically translates the words into mental images. This is the main reason why Internet marketers make it a point to include visual content in their campaigns.
Visuals are processed faster in the brain than text.
- According to a research by 3M Corporation, we process visuals 60,000 times faster than text because our brain deciphers image elements simultaneously.
- Text content is decoded in a linear, sequential manner which takes more time to process.
- 60% of people are visual learners.
- 90% of information that comes to the brain is visual.
People respond better to visual cues.
- Publishers who use infographics saw an average of 12% growth in traffic.
- Visual content stimulates engagement.
- Brands that adopted the Facebook Timeline before its public launch, saw a 65% increase in engagement.
A company’s website design affects its credibility.
- On their first visit, the average consumer pays more attention to the surface aspects of a website such as layout, typography, and color schemes.
Posts with videos attract 3 times more inbound links than plain text posts.
- 85% of the US internet audience watches videos online.
- For every minute, 700 YouTube videos are shared on Twitter.
- Viewers spend 100% more time on pages with videos on them.
- Viewers are 85% more confident to purchase a product after watching a product video
Mobile video viewing increased 35% from 2010 to 2011.
- 75% of smartphone users watch videos on their phones, 26% of whom use video at least once a day.
- Mobile video subscription is expected to hit $16 billion in revenue by 2014, with over 500 million subscribers worldwide.