Your real estate website is your online presence and without it, it’s pretty hard to make your business accessible to your growing online market.
Here’s a short quiz to see how effective your website marketing is and if you’re doing it right. Get 1 point for every “yes” and total your score after.
Site User Experience
- Is your homepage design attractive enough to encourage clients to browse further?
- Is your website easy to navigate?
- Do you have your real estate blog pages integrated with your main website?
- Can home buyers easily do a property search right from your home page?
- Do you offer anything of value on your website to visitors (free consultations, newsletters, whitepapers, video how-to’s, etc.)?
- Do you regularly add new content to your listings and resource pages?
- Are there broken links in your web pages?
- Is there a clearly posted business address, email and phone number on your web page?
- Do you have a Contact Us form on your website?
- Do you post a blog entry at least once a week?
- Do you use social media manager tools like TweetDeck, HootSuite or SproutSocial to post and manage status updates across several platforms?
- Do you tweet at least once a day?
- Are you doing social check-ins when you’re hosting open houses?
- Do you respond within 24 hours to anyone who has posted a comment on your Facebook or mentioned you on Twitter?
- Does your business have its own Facebook, Twitter and Google+ page separate from your personal account?
- Are your primary keywords present in all of your page URLs?
- Are your <title> tags for each page unique and contain an assortment of your main keywords?
- Are the file names for your images and videos properly tagged with relevant keywords?
- Are your primary keywords present in your meta data?
- Do you know the formula to calculate your keyword density on a web page for SEO purposes?
- Do you have more than 20 inbound links? (Inbound links refer to the links posted on other websites that point to your site. This influences your position on search engine results.)
- Do you post information on your website from other sources and provide source links?
- Do you frequent real estate forum threads and blogs and comment with a link to your site?
- Have you ever published an online press release?
- Do the call-to-action forms on your website help build your email subscriber list?
- Do you send out direct emails about your business’ latest offerings at least once a month?
24 to 26 – Great job! You know the basics of effective website marketing and have worked this knowledge to your advantage. If your website has been up for a few years, it’s probably on the first 5 pages of Google for your target keyword, and you have a decent following on social. You’re now ready for more advanced SEO and SEM tricks.
19 to 23 – Getting there. A few more applications of the best SEO practices and you’re on your way to the top. Invest on this knowledge so you can maximize your marketing efforts at a lower cost.
11 to 18 – Keep learning. This is the age of Internet marketing and you have to catch up. Talk to a SEO expert and drive more traffic to your website.
0 to 10 – Ouch. You may be in trouble. Remember that flyers, posters and word-of-mouth works but isn’t enough.
Know someone who needs to take this quiz? Share it now on Facebook and Twitter!