Your Facebook Cover Photo Matters
Facebook’s Timeline is all about storytelling. And yes, this should apply to your business fan page as well. This format is aimed to increase engagement by telling a story about your brand from the past milestones to your most recent campaigns. Thus, the cover photo plays a big part, as this is the first thing people will see.
- Think of your cover photo as a monthly magazine cover that you regularly have to update.
- It needs to be attractive or provocative enough for people to engage with you by liking, commenting or sharing.
- A memorable photo can do wonders for brand awareness.
- Although it’s stated in the rules that the cover photo shouldn’t be used for advertising, you still have to find creative ways to help people recognize what you do or who you are at first glance.
- As per Facebook guidelines, Cover Photos for business pages should not contain the following:
- price or purchase information;
- contact information;
- references to Facebook features;
- calls to action; and
- photos that are false, deceptive or misleading, and must not infringe on third parties’ intellectual property.
- For real estate businesses, you may feature your team or office on your cover photo. This way, prospects will have a feel of the work that you do and who they’re gonna work with.
- You may also feature a really beautiful panorama shot of the neighborhood you are specializing in. Popular shots are lakefronts, aerial shots, waterfronts, bridge or skyline views.
- Take a look at some of the FB pages of our website clients and see if you find inspiration for yours:
What about you, how are you developing your business’ Timeline? Give us a shout at our own Facebook page!
Did you enjoy reading this article?
Sign up for more updates with our Agent Intelligence Newsletter!
We are committed to protecting your privacy.