Drive Traffic & Leads to Your Website with Pinterest
Did you know that Pinterest can generate more referral traffic to your website or blog? Pinterest, if you’re wondering, is a virtual pinboard that allows people to share, discover and comment on interesting content found on the internet.
- A recent comScore report shows the growing popularity of Pinterest, which was the 3rd fastest-growing site in January 2012.
- According to a January study by Sharaholic, Pinterest drove more referral traffic to sites in January than Google+, Reddit, YouTube, LinkedIn and MySpace all combined.
- Pinterest also grew from 2.5% of referral traffic in December to 3.6% of the referrals in January —an impressive growth from just .17% back in July.
A “pin” is essentially any photo content that a Pinterest user uploads, containing a link to its external website source. For example, this can be a photo of a house you are selling or of a recently purchased home accessory.
- You can drive traffic to your website by pinning photo content that your market is interested in. People who are looking for real estate or home design-related content can visit your pins and your site.
- A pinboard is a set of pins with a cohesive theme. Popular pinboards include interior design ideas, home decors, wedding styles, fashion ensembles, visual art inspirations, and food recipes.
- A repin happens when another user reposts your pin. It can also be called a reblog.
- A pin it button can be placed on any third-party website. This makes sharing easier as users can just click on the URL-based button and the third-party image will be pinned on their Pinterest page. The new post will be linked back to the original website, thus facilitating link building.
- In addition, your pins can also be reposted not only through Pinterest but also through Facebook and Twitter.
Tips to get you started:
- Create boards that contain real estate or home-design related content.
- Do not simply pin, interaction is key. You gain more followers to your profile by commenting on other users’ content.
- Be consistent. Spend a few minutes each day on building your following on Pinterest.
- Pinterest relies on visual content. Sites that offer large resolution images with good content are far more likely to be shared. So make sure your website has this.
- Aside from being able to sign in to Pinterest using a Facebook or Twitter account, you can also publish your new pins to your Facebook news feed.
The world of social networking does not exist in a vacuum, and it is important to access all ways possible to promote your website and obtain maximum online exposure for your business. This is why social media marketing is such a huge deal.
Did you enjoy reading this article?
Sign up for more updates with our Agent Intelligence Newsletter!
We are committed to protecting your privacy.