Real Estate Blogging Ideas
Why blog? Because blogging is good for business. It helps make you more visible to the search engines; builds your reputation as an authority and a reliable source; enables you to communicate directly and more informally with your prospects; and provides another avenue for marketing your listings.
It’s best to blog about what you know – your community and the local real estate market, for example – and it’s important that you keep your posts interesting and relevant. If you’re well of blogging ideas is running dry, however, consider these:
- Do your clients frequently ask you about particular topics or issues? Write about some of these frequently asked questions.
- Explore your community – get a first-hand view of a neighborhood by driving through it and share that with your readers.
- Eat out and write about your favorite places for brunch, dinner, ice cream, etc. See if they have sites and if they want to link to you.
- Got kids in school? Talk about the schools in your area – give statistics and personal views, as well.
- Get inspired by a town festival or celebration. Write about your community’s events.
- Stuck in traffic? Start thinking about commuting options and find out about road repairs, closures, etc. Share what you learn.
- Maybe you’re planning your garden for spring – write about the plants that grow best in your area, landscaping techniques, and local landscapers.
- Having a leak fixed or your windows washed? Ask your service contractor if you can recommend them online, they might want to give out coupons and discounts.
- Write about hot topics like the environment – does your community have green-friendly initiatives?
- Charts and numbers are always crowd-pleasers – do a market evaluation of a particular neighborhood or development.
- New listing? Talk about it here.
Did you enjoy reading this article?
Sign up for more updates with our Agent Intelligence Newsletter!
We are committed to protecting your privacy.