Get Your Real Estate Photos to Show Up on Google
Have you always ever wondered how Google chooses the images it shows?
There are four points to focus on if you want to have your photos show up in the search engine:
- The Image Filename.
- Make your filename searchable and SEO-friendly.
- Instead of uploading your photos as “IMG_001.jpg”, type in “2-story-3br-los-angeles.jpg”.
- The Alternative Tag.
- This is also known as the “alt tag”.
- The function of the “alt tag” is to tell you what the image is about and to define itself to search engines. This is what shows when the image is unable to load.
- In Internet Explorer, the text in the “alt tag” pops up when you hover your cursor over the image.
- The Image Title
- The image title should provide additional information but should still be kept short.
- In browers such as Firefox and Opera, this is the text that pops up when you hover your cursor over the image.
You can type the html code if you’re not using WordPress: <img title=”insert keyword here” alt=”insert keyword here” src=”http://www.domain.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/2-story-3br-los-angeles.jpg” />
- The Supporting Text.
- Don’t underestimate the power of adding a caption to your photos. Doing this will help your photo rank well.
- Make it short, simple and of course, SEO-friendly.
Once you’ve taken these four points in mind and follow the instructions above, your real estate photos will have a better chance of ranking.
Did you enjoy reading this article?
Sign up for more updates with our Agent Intelligence Newsletter!
We are committed to protecting your privacy.